Re: Autovacuum on partitioned table (autoanalyze) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Autovacuum on partitioned table (autoanalyze)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Apr-07, yuzuko wrote:

> I'm working on fixing the patch according to the comments.
> I'll send it as soon as I can.

Thanks, I've been giving it a look too.

> I've been thinking about traditional inheritance, I realized that we
> need additional
> handling to support them because unlike declarative partitioning,
> parents may have
> some rows in the case of traditional inheritance as Alvaro mentioned.
> So I think we should support only declarative partitioning in this
> patch for now,
> but what do you think?

Yeah, not fixable at present I think.

> I'm not sure but if we can solve this matter at low cost by using the
> shared memory stats patch, should we wait for the patch?

Let's do that for 15.

--
Álvaro Herrera                            39°49'30"S 73°17'W
"The problem with the future is that it keeps turning into the present"