Re: make the stats collector shutdown without writing the statsfiles if the immediate shutdown is requested. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: make the stats collector shutdown without writing the statsfiles if the immediate shutdown is requested.
Date
In response to Re: make the stats collector shutdown without writing the statsfiles if the immediate shutdown is requested.  (Masahiro Ikeda <ikedamsh@oss.nttdata.com>)
Responses Re: make the stats collector shutdown without writing the statsfiles if the immediate shutdown is requested.  (Masahiro Ikeda <ikedamsh@oss.nttdata.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2021-03-26 09:27:19 +0900, Masahiro Ikeda wrote:
> On 2021/03/25 19:48, Fujii Masao wrote:
> > Yes. So we should wait for the shared memory stats patch to be committed
> > before working on walreceiver stats patch more?
>
> Yes, I agree.

Agreed.

One thing that I didn't quite see discussed enough in the thread so far:
Have you considered what regressions the stats file removal in immediate
shutdowns could cause? Right now we will - kind of accidentally - keep
the stats file for immediate shutdowns, which means that autovacuum etc
will still have stats to work with after the next start. After this, not
so much?

Greetings,

Andres Freund