Re: Buffers from parallel workers not accumulated to upper nodes with gather merge - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais
Subject Re: Buffers from parallel workers not accumulated to upper nodes with gather merge
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi Amit,

While doing some housecleaning in my memory and old pending subjects, I found
the following very small subject we discussed many month ago.

On Thu, 23 Jul 2020 16:20:28 +0530
Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 2:37 PM Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais
> <jgdr@dalibo.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 17:34:57 +0200
> > Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais <jgdr@dalibo.com> wrote:
> > > On Mon, 20 Jul 2020 15:29:00 +0530
> > >
> > > I'll send a patch proposal for Gather Merge on HEAD tomorrow.
> >
> > Please, find in attachment the patch to release Gather Merge workers as
> > soon as they are exhausted.
> >

> Okay, thanks.  I'll take care of this after pushing the bug-fix patch.

The discussed side patch was referenced here:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20200723110749.7aa0e15a%40firost

Maybe this small matter was lost in the mist of the discussion?

Regards,