Re: pgsql: Change replication connection log format to allow for a database - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Change replication connection log format to allow for a database
Date
List pgsql-committers
> Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>> I'm afraid this doesn't translate well:
>>
>>> --- 222,232 ----
>>> */
>>> if (am_walsender)
>>> ereport(LOG,
>>> !                 (errmsg("replication connection authorized: user=%s host=%s%s%s",
>>> !                         port->user_name,
>>> !                         port->remote_host, port->remote_port[0] ? " port=" : "",
>>> !                         port->remote_port)));
>>> !
>>> else if (Log_connections)
>>> ereport(LOG,
>>> (errmsg("connection authorized: user=%s database=%s",

> Ok, I just realized that this was copy-pasted from BackendInitialize, so
> I guess it's OK as it is...

Two flat-out violations of our message style guidelines doesn't make it
right.  I agree with your proposed change for both.

            regards, tom lane