Re: Syntax conflicts in frame clause - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Syntax conflicts in frame clause
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hitoshi Harada <umi.tanuki@gmail.com> writes:
> Rewriting my frame support types patch to allow any expression in
> PRECEDING/FOLLOWING clause, I found the syntax below in PG conflicts:

Yeah, we ran into that in the original WINDOW patch IIRC, and found some
solution to it that got taken out again when the functionality was cut
down for 8.4.  You might want to look back to see what that looked like;
I think we avoided reserving BETWEEN at the cost of making the
productions a bit more redundant.