Re: Proposed patch for key managment - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Proposed patch for key managment
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Dec 20, 2020 at 09:38:55PM -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > I'll have a go at adding another keyring and/or abstracting the key
> > wrap and see how well a true peer to the passphrase approach fits in.
>
> Having patches to review and consider definitely helps, imv.

I disagree.  Our order is:

    Desirability -> Design -> Implement -> Test -> Review -> Commit
    https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Todo#Development_Process

so, by posting a patch, you are decided to skip the first _two_
requirements.  I think it might be time for me to create a new thread
so it is not confused by whatever is posted here.