Re: Grant request - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Grant request
Date
List pgsql-admin
Greetings,

* Ron (ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com) wrote:
> On 12/18/20 10:20 AM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> >* Ron Watkins (rwatki@gmail.com) wrote:
> >>I have a Azure production server, and a group of users is requesting select
> >>permissions for all tables, views, sequences, etc.
> >>This is for all existing and all new objects in all schemas in the database.
> >>I don't see any kind of "db_datareader" role. Suggestions?
> >https://commitfest.postgresql.org/31/2702/
> >
> >Hopefully will be included in PG14.  Would be great to have folks who
> >have this requirement take a look at and play with that patch and make
> >sure that the role meets your requirements.
>
> It's a darned shame this bug patch won't be applied to PG12.

As it's not a bug it certainly wouldn't be appropriate to try and
release as part of back-branches, not to mention that you'd have to
hand-hack in the catalog changes to add such a role to an existing
cluster anyway...

So, no, it's not a bugfix and won't be added to existing releases.
There isn't any guarantee it makes it into v14 either, to be clear, but
having people review it, apply it, test it, play with it, and provide
feedback would certainly help.

Naturally, if there's other things in this vein (or any other, really)
that folks would like, patches welcome.

Thanks,

Stephen

Attachment