Re: please update ps display for recovery checkpoint - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Pryzby
Subject Re: please update ps display for recovery checkpoint
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 14, 2020 at 12:01:33PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 12, 2020 at 12:41:25AM +0000, Bossart, Nathan wrote:
> > On 12/11/20, 4:00 PM, "Michael Paquier" <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> >> My counter-proposal is like the attached, with the set/reset part not
> >> reversed this time, and the code indented :p
> >
> > Haha.  LGTM.
>
> Thanks.  I have applied this one, then.

Thank you.

I'm not sure, but we could consider backpatching something to clear the
"recovering NNN" that's currently displayed during checkpoint, even though
recovery of NNN has already completed.  Possibly just calling
set_ps_display(""); after "Real work is done".

--
Justin