Re: 12 to 13 migration, the privs error with pg_pltemplate - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: 12 to 13 migration, the privs error with pg_pltemplate
Date
List pgsql-admin
Greetings,

* Scott Ribe (scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com) wrote:
> > On Dec 9, 2020, at 12:59 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> >
> > Well, pg_dump here doesn't emit any GRANT commands for that table when
> > run and the table has those privileges, so something doesn't add up.
> >
> > Are you sure you're looking at the right database?  Do you see GRANT or
> > REVOKE commands for that table when you run pg_dump by hand..?
>
> I'm pretty sure Tom Lane got it, because I see all sorts of privs in the pg_default_acl table that shouldn't be
there,whereas privs on the table are normal.

Well, we're all just shooting in the dark here since you didn't really
provide enough specifics to actually be able to determine what's going
on.

Privileges in pg_default_acl aren't going to cause pg_dump to issue
GRANT commands, which is what was in the initial problem description.

Thanks,

Stephen

Attachment