Change default of checkpoint_completion_target - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Change default of checkpoint_completion_target
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

* Michael Paquier (michael@paquier.xyz) wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 06, 2020 at 10:03:08AM -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > * Alvaro Herrera (alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org) wrote:
> >> You keep making this statement, and I don't necessarily disagree, but if
> >> that is the case, please explain why don't we have
> >> checkpoint_completion_target set to 0.9 by default?  Should we change
> >> that?
> >
> > Yes, I do think we should change that..
>
> Agreed.  FWIW, no idea for others, but it is one of those parameters I
> keep telling to update after a default installation.

Concretely, attached is a patch which changes the default and updates
the documentation accordingly.

Passes regression tests and doc build.  Will register in the January
commitfest as Needs Review.

Thanks,

Stephen

Attachment