Re: Add statistics to pg_stat_wal view for wal related parameter tuning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From lchch1990@sina.cn
Subject Re: Add statistics to pg_stat_wal view for wal related parameter tuning
Date
List pgsql-hackers

>Now, pg_stat_wal supports reset all informantion in WalStats
>using pg_stat_reset_shared('wal') function.
>Isn't it enough?
Yes it ok, sorry I miss this infomation.

>> 3. I do not think it's a correct describe in document for
>> 'wal_buffers_full'.

>Where should I rewrite the description? If my understanding is not
>correct, please let me know.
Sorry I have not described it clearly, because I can not understand the meaning of this
column after I read the describe in document.
And now I read the source code of walwrite and found the place where 'wal_buffers_full'
added is for a backend to wait a wal buffer which is occupied by other wal page, so the
backend flush the old page in the wal buffer(after wait it can).
So i think the origin decribe in document is not so in point, we can describe it such as
'Total number of times WAL data written to the disk because a backend yelled a wal buffer
for an advanced wal page.

Sorry if my understand is wrong.