Re: Add docs stub for recovery.conf - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Add docs stub for recovery.conf
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 10:41:49PM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 11:37:16AM +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> > I have a draft patch that adds them and various related index cross-referencing
> > in my tree to submit after the recovery.conf docs patch. Let me know if you
> > think that might be worthwhile, 'cos I won't invest time in it if it's going to
> > get reflexively blocked too.
>
> So you are saying you don't think you are getting sufficient thought
> into your proposal, and getting just a reflex?  Just because we don't
> agree with you don't mean we didn't think about it.  In fact, we have
> thought about it a lot, which is evident from the URL I sent you
> already.

What would be interesting, I think you were suggesting this, is a
separate doc chapter that had a list of all the renames, what version
they were renamed in, and a link from their to the new name in the docs.
This could be easily created by reading the old release notes.  Anyone
looking for old names would automatically be sent to that page in the
docs.  This would give us a definitive list, and make the list out of
the main flow of the docs.