Re: yum.postgresql.org user experience - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: yum.postgresql.org user experience
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
Re: Devrim Gündüz
> > * look for the "repo packages" link that used to be there all the
> >   years
>
> It's still there, with the same name (repo RPMs), but:
>
> > * find the version number links under "AVAILABLE POSTGRESQL RELEASES"
> > * click on 13
> > * click on RHEL/CentOS 8 - x86_64
> > * realize that this is the package listing, go back to the main page
>
> Looks like you clicked the next link on the right :(

The repo packages used to be a bullet list in the text, so at this
point I clicked on "13" in the list of version numbers in the middle
of the page unter "AVAILABLE POSTGRESQL RELEASES", not on the top menu
bar.

> That was intentional back then, it was a potential breakage for the
> people who do not update to the new repo RPMs. I agree that it's not
> that important now.

I understand, and maybe knowing about the "common" change made me
confused even more, because I thought I knew all steps needed.

> Looks great to me. Let me push tomorrow's releases first, then will do
> these changes.

Thanks!

Christoph