Re: dynamic result sets support in extended query protocol - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: dynamic result sets support in extended query protocol
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2020-10-20 18:55:41 -0500, Jack Christensen wrote:
> Upthread someone posted a page pgjdbc detailing desired changes to the
> backend protocol (
> https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc/blob/master/backend_protocol_v4_wanted_features.md).

A lot of the stuff on there seems way beyond what can be achieved in
something incrementally added to the protocol. Fair enough in an article
about "v4" of the protocol. But I don't think we are - nor should we be
- talking about a full new protocol version here. Instead we are talking
about extending the protocol, where the extensions are opt-in.

Greetings,

Andres Freund