Re: c6/pg13b3 - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Justin Pryzby
Subject Re: c6/pg13b3
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
On Fri, Aug 14, 2020 at 01:05:43AM +0100, Devrim Gündüz wrote:
> On Thu, 2020-08-13 at 16:21 -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> > It looks like these packages aren't available yet ?
> > https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/testing/13/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/
>
> v13 won't be available on RHEL 6.  EoS.

I was surprised to hear that.  When I asked a couple years ago, I thought you
meant that new major versions would continue to be supported (and that I was
finally "caught up" on OS updates).

I think it'd be good to publish a schedule for minor and major releases.

This page still shows RH6 as "supported", which I would have taken to mean
"fully supported" and not "patch releases only".  It be nice if that showed
which major versions were supported, or finer-grained detail, and reasonable
advance notice to plan for EOL release.

https://yum.postgresql.org/

--
Justin