PostgreSQL on Windows' state - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alessandro Dentella
Subject PostgreSQL on Windows' state
Date
Re: PostgreSQL on Windows' state  (Thomas Kellerer <shammat@gmx.net>)
SV: PostgreSQL on Windows' state  (Niels Jespersen <NJN@dst.dk>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,

disclaimer: I've never been a Windows user and I send this email just on behalf
of a friend that has problems convincing his team to use PostgreSQL.

I'd like to understand if what the team replies to him is correct or not.

The final project should work with Python (we know it just works) and with c#.
The team states that:

  "It does not exist a native driver. You need to use ODBC, that is an old
  technology and doesn't give warranties in terms of security, reliability and
  performance."

Is it any true? is it biased?

Thanks in advance for any hints a link to be read

sandro

--
Sandro Dentella  *:-)
http://wikidattica.org             Flashcard per la didattica