Re: Inconsistent Japanese name order in v13 contributors list - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Inconsistent Japanese name order in v13 contributors list
Date
List pgsql-hackers

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20150613231826.GY133018%40postgresql.org#88d245a5cdd2b32e1e3e80fc07eab6f2

> I have been following this guidance ever since.

Right.

About smallcaps, we didn't do it then because there was no way known to
us to use them in our then-current toolchain.  But we've changed now to
XML and apparently it is possible to use them -- we could try something
like <emphasis role="caps_lastname"> and define a CSS rule like

.caps_lastname {font-variant: small-caps;}

(Apparently you also need to set 'emphasis.propagates.style' to 1 in the
stylesheet).  This does it for HTML.  You also need some FO trick to
cover the PDF (probably something like what a042750646db did to change
catalog_table_entry formatting.)