Re: Minor cleanup of partbounds.c - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Minor cleanup of partbounds.c
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2020-Sep-09, Etsuro Fujita wrote:

> Here is a patch for minor cleanup of the partbounds.c changes made by
> commit c8434d64c: 1) removes a useless assignment (in normal builds)

LGTM.

> and 2) improves comments a little.

No objection to changing "bounds" to "range bounds".

I think the point other is to replace the only appearance of "dummy
relation" to better match the extensive use of "dummy partition" in this
file.  The concept of a "dummy relation" is well established in the
planner.  I didn't know if "dummy partition" is itself a concept
(apparently in the newfangled partition-wise join stuff), or just
glorified wording to say "a dummy relation that happens to be a
partition".  Looking at is_dummy_partition, apparently a dummy partition
is either a dummy relation or a partition that doesn't have a
RelOptInfo.  So my conclusion is that this wording is okay to change
too.