Re: Fwd: PostgreSQL: WolfSSL support - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Fwd: PostgreSQL: WolfSSL support
Date
Re: PostgreSQL: WolfSSL support  (Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 04:22:51PM -0300, Ranier Vilela wrote:
> Em sáb., 27 de jun. de 2020 às 09:50, Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org>
> escreveu:
>
>     Re: Peter Eisentraut
>     > What would be the advantage of using wolfSSL over OpenSSL?
>
>     Avoiding the OpenSSL-vs-GPL linkage problem with readline.
>
> I'm curious, how do you intend to solve a linking problem with
> OpenSSL-vs-GPL-readline, with another GPL product?

I assume you can use wolfSSL as long as the result is GPL, which is the
same requirement libreadline causes for Postgres, particularly if
Postgres is statically linked to libreadline.

> WolfSSL, will provide a commercial license for PostgreSQL?
> Isn't LIbreSSL a better alternative?

Seems it might be.