Re: Please add a link to [BRIN] physical block ranges of a table - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Please add a link to [BRIN] physical block ranges of a table
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 10:17:56AM -0400, Dave Cramer wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 at 10:10, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>
>     On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 05:13:05PM +0000, PG Doc comments form wrote:
>     > The following documentation comment has been logged on the website:
>     >
>     > Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/indexes-types.html
>     >
>     > Can you please add a link to an explanation for  physical block ranges of
>     > table under the BRIN index. This is not explained in the index and might
>     be
>     > confusing to new users.
>     > Thanks!
>
>     Uh, I am confused.  The last sentence of that page says:
>
>             The BRIN operator classes included in the standard distribution are
>             documented in Table 67.1. For more information see Chapter 67.
>
>     Did you want a link earlier in the section?
>

> Is there a way to make it a clickable link ?

Uh, if I am here:

    https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/indexes-types.html

and I click on the text "Chapter 67." in the sentence:

    For more information see Chapter 67.

it takes me to Chapter 67.  Is that what you want?  You want "physical
block ranges" to be clickable?