Re: Something else about Redo Logs disappearing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Something else about Redo Logs disappearing
Date
List pgsql-general
Greetings,

* Adrian Klaver (adrian.klaver@aklaver.com) wrote:
> On 6/9/20 4:15 AM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> >* Adrian Klaver (adrian.klaver@aklaver.com) wrote:
> >>I use pg_backrest, but it does not look promising for running on BSD:
> >>https://fluca1978.github.io/2019/03/04/pgbackrest_FreeBSD.html
> >
> >That's an unfortunately ancient post, really, considering that
> >pgbackrest has now been fully rewritten into C, and Luca as recently as
> >September 2019 was saying he has it working on FreeBSD.
>
> Yeah, but this:
>
> https://github.com/pgbackrest/pgbackrest/issues/686
>
> is not clear on whether a user can do that w/o a certain amount of hand
> holding.

I've asked Luca to update his blog post and/or re-test on FreeBSD and
he's said he would.  We've moved to using autoconf and friends, and it's
all in C now, so it really shouldn't be as much of an issue these days.
I recall someone else building on FreeBSD not long ago, but not finding
a reference to it offhand.

> >If folks do run into issues with pgbackrest on FreeBSD, please let us
> >know.

... again, this.

Thanks,

Stephen