Re: Policy on cross-posting to multiple lists - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Policy on cross-posting to multiple lists
Date
Re: Policy on cross-posting to multiple lists  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-www
Greetings,

* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:

> >> I think you should just revert to the prior state, and then we can
> >> discuss potential solutions and the problems they're intended to
> >> address.
>
> > +1
>
> Same here.  The problem you want to solve has been there for decades,
> we don't need a solution urgently.

So, this thread never got to anywhere and, unsurprisingly, we're seeing
not just a continuing set of cross-posts that shouldn't be, but an
increase in them.

At this point, I'd suggest we start moderating such cross-posts, letting
moderators know that they should reject ones that aren't done with any
thought to it with a request to the submitter to please pick a list
instead of spamming them all.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Stephen