Re: Inherited an 18TB DB & need to backup - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rory Campbell-Lange
Subject Re: Inherited an 18TB DB & need to backup
Date
List pgsql-general
On 15/05/20, Suhail Bamzena (suhailsalem@gmail.com) wrote:
> Thanks Rory, the machine has the capacity to pull through pg_dumps but like
> u rightly mentioned incremental backups mean that we will need to work with
> the wal's.. 18TB is what is the scary part and with compression I dont see
> it being less than 2TB a day...

I suggest you try one immediately, assuming you can dump it somewhere
and the machine has the resources. Then you will at least have a backup
and a sense of what is possible. (Which will help inform your upgrade
strategy too.)

Rory