Re: New Role drop with Grant/Revokes stop working after subsequentruns - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: New Role drop with Grant/Revokes stop working after subsequentruns
Date
List pgsql-general
Greetings,

* David G. Johnston (david.g.johnston@gmail.com) wrote:
> On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 5:05 PM AC Gomez <antklc@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I suppose the main question is, why would a bunch of grant and revoke
> > commands run and not do anything, not even throw an error?
>
> Maybe its a bug? - I doubt this kind of manipulation is all that common or
> tested given the presence of what seems to be a superior alternative.

Didn't read through the rest of this, but for this part- the SQL spec
has some rather odd requirements when it comes to GRANT/REVOKEs and what
happens if no GRANT or REVOKE is able to be performed (like: don't throw
an error).

Thanks,

Stephen

Attachment