Re: How to move a 11.4 cluster to another Linux host, but empty? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Matthias Apitz
Subject Re: How to move a 11.4 cluster to another Linux host, but empty?
Date
Re: How to move a 11.4 cluster to another Linux host, but empty?  (Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>)
List pgsql-general
Hi Paul,

El día viernes, mayo 01, 2020 a las 10:23:37a. m. +0200, Paul Förster escribió:

> you may have a look at the tar man page. tar in Linux has the --exclude=PATTERN option.

I do know the man page(s) of tar ant the --exclude=PATTERN.

> You may specify the PGDATA directory there.

This is, what I wanted to know: that the cluster can be moved without
the PGDATA dir and still works fine.

> Also, why do you have the PGDATA directory inside the software home directory? That makes no sense and only leads to
problemswhen updating or, in your case, moving.

I don't. The software is below

/usr/local/sisis-pap/pgsql

and the cluster is below

/data/postgres11.4/data.