Re: Improve This Sentence? - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Improve This Sentence?
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 05:54:26AM -0400, Dave Cramer wrote:
> Ironically the first one above is supposed to be providing more clarity if
> you can believe:
> For additional information on tuning these settings, see Section 29.4.
>
> Clearly just copying the text from 19.5.2 to 29.4 is an improvement. I'd be
> somewhat loathe to be that repetitive but honestly I don't have a better
> suggestion

Duplication is not good in my opinion, as updating one section may
cause the other to become outdated.  As the performance issues are
mainly discussed in wal.sgml, why not moving the performance arguments
in the description of checkpoint_flush_after in config.sgml to
wal.sgml, and adding a link in config.sgml back to wal-configuration?
--
Michael

Attachment