Re: Remove non-fast promotion Re: Should we remove a fallbackpromotion? take 2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Remove non-fast promotion Re: Should we remove a fallbackpromotion? take 2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 02:27:20PM +0900, Fujii Masao wrote:
> On 2020/04/21 10:59, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> With your patch, this code
>> now means that in order to finish recovery you need to send SIGUSR2 to
>> the startup process *and* to create the promote signal file.
>
> Yes, but isn't this the same as the way to trigger fast promotion in HEAD?

Yep, but my point is that some users who have been relying only on
SIGUSR2 sent to the startup process for a promotion may be surprised
to see that doing the same operation does not trigger a promotion
anymore.
--
Michael

Attachment