Re: backup manifests and contemporaneous buildfarm failures - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: backup manifests and contemporaneous buildfarm failures
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

* Thomas Munro (thomas.munro@gmail.com) wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 11:13 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> writes:
> > > The only strange thing under buildroot I found is:

HEAD/pgsql.build/src/bin/pg_validatebackup/tmp_check/t_003_corruption_master_data/backup/open_directory_fails/pg_subtrans/

> > > this last directory perms are d--------- which seems to break cleanup.
>
> Same here, on elver.  I see pg_subtrans has been chmod(0)'d,
> presumably by the perl subroutine mutilate_open_directory_fails.  I
> see this in my inbox (the build farm wrote it to stderr or stdout
> rather than the log file):

Yup, saw the same here.

chmod'ing it to 755 seemed to result it the next run cleaning it up, at
least.  Not sure how things will go on the next actual build tho.

Thanks,

Stephen

Attachment