Re: LDAP Configuration - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: LDAP Configuration
Date
List pgsql-admin
Greetings,

* Anjul Tyagi (anjul@ibosstech-us.com) wrote:
> we are implementing the LDAP authentication and we are able to connect with
> LDAP and able to authenticate the user with that. However we have 2 type of
> users, one - corporate users and available of Active Directory and second
> application user, which is used by different application to connect with
> database.

In an Active Directory environment, you really should be using Kerberos
(also known as GSSAPI) for authentication, using LDAP isn't secure as it
means that the user's password will be sent to the PostgreSQL server.

Thanks,

Stephen

Attachment