Re: Improve handling of parameter differences in physical replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Improve handling of parameter differences in physical replication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 08:49:08AM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Perhaps it might be better to track the combined MaxBackends instead,
> however.

Not sure about that.  I think that we should keep them separated, as
that's more useful for debugging and more verbose for error reporting.

(Worth noting that max_prepared_xacts is separate because of its dummy
PGPROC entries created by PREPARE TRANSACTION, so it cannot be
included in the set).
--
Michael

Attachment