Re: documenting divergence from the SQL spec - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: documenting divergence from the SQL spec
Date
List pgsql-docs
On 2020-Feb-14, Dave Cramer wrote:

> The wiki seems to be the dumping ground for everything that doesn't fit
> into the documentation.
> The problem with this is that if you don't know it is documented there it
> is very difficult to find.

Would it help to have some sort of index?  The simplest I can think of
is to add <indexterm> for each Nonstandard Clauses section, with
something like

<primary>Nonstandard Clauses</primary>
<secondary>in SELECT</secondary>

so that in the index you'd get a list of all commands that have
Nonstandard Clauses subsections.

Perhaps something more sophisticated can be built by using dedicated XML
tags in an ad-hoc namespace.