Re: pgsql: Add a non-strict version of jsonb_set - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pgsql: Add a non-strict version of jsonb_set
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 09:54:23AM +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 4:36 PM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Another thing that would be nice is to warn about commits that don't
>> include a "Description:" line. I have been trying to be religious
>> about that, but I seem to periodically apostatize.

I had to look at a dictionary for this one..

> We'd also have to come to this magic actual agreement on which such
> fields we *want* :)  Which alone would be an improvement.

Well, there has been some discussion about this matter on the lists
not so long ago:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CABUevEzauoMm3irCyg4s=vUX5hUcKmTW_R69fiKS4+72gzyAOw@mail.gmail.com
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA+hUKGJR+YtZUdq9_6cFsqCRH_fvfumdDZgmiLwXBHCrTJUGmw@mail.gmail.com

And it seems to me that the only consensus we reached was about having
"Discussion:", while the other tags were not that popular.
--
Michael

Attachment