Re: Removal of support for OpenSSL 0.9.8 and 1.0.0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Removal of support for OpenSSL 0.9.8 and 1.0.0
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 02, 2020 at 09:30:42AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> BTW, the referenced patch only removes the configure check for
> SSL_get_current_compression, which is fine, but is that even
> moving any goalposts?  The proposed commit message says the
> function exists down to 0.9.8, which is already our minimum.
> There's nothing to debate here if that statement is accurate.

Oops, sorry for the confusion.  There are three patches in the set.
0001 has been already applied as of 28f4bba, and 0002 as of 7d0bcb0
(backpatched with a different fix from Daniel to allow the build to
still work).  The actual patch I am proposing to finish merging is
0003 as posted here, which is the remaining piece:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20191205083252.GE5064@paquier.xyz
--
Michael

Attachment