Re: Removal of support for OpenSSL 0.9.8 and 1.0.0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Removal of support for OpenSSL 0.9.8 and 1.0.0
Date
Re: Removal of support for OpenSSL 0.9.8 and 1.0.0  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 06, 2019 at 09:21:55AM +0100, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> On 6 Dec 2019, at 02:33, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
>> Another argument in favor of dropping 1.0.0 and 0.9.8 is that
>> it is a pain to check an OpenSSL patch across that many versions,
>> multiplied by the number of Postgres branches in need of patching :)
>
> That is indeed a very good argument.

Sorry for letting this thread down for a couple of weeks, but I was
hesitating to apply the last patch of the series as the cleanup of the
code related to OpenSSL 0.9.8 and 1.0.0 is not that much.  An extra
argument in favor of the removal is that this can allow more shaving
of past Python versions, as proposed by Peter here:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/98b69261-298c-13d2-f34d-836fd9c29b21@2ndquadrant.com

So, let's do it.  I don't think that I'll be able to do anything this
week about it, but that should be fine by the end of next week.  Are
there any objections or comments?

For now, please note that I have added an entry in the CF app:
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/26/2413/
--
Michael

Attachment