RE: [Proposal] Table-level Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) andKey Management Service (KMS) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Smith, Peter
Subject RE: [Proposal] Table-level Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) andKey Management Service (KMS)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Aug 10, 2019 at 1:19 AM Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> We can of course support "forced" re-encryption, but I think it's acceptable if that's fairly expensive as long as it
canbe throttled and executed in the background (kinda similar to the patch to enable checksums in the background).

As an alternative way to provide for a "forced" re-encryption couldn't you just run pg_dumpall + psql?

Regards,
--
Peter Smith
Fujitsu Australia