Re: pgsql: Rename files and headers related to index AM - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: pgsql: Rename files and headers related to index AM
Date
List pgsql-committers
On 2019-Dec-25, Michael Paquier wrote:

> Rename files and headers related to index AM
>
> The following renaming is done so as source files related to index
> access methods are more consistent with table access methods (the
> original names used for index AMs ware too generic, and could be
> confused as including features related to table AMs):
> - amapi.h -> indexam.h.
> - amapi.c -> indexamapi.c.  Here we have an equivalent with
> backend/access/table/tableamapi.c.
> - amvalidate.c -> indexamvalidate.c.
> - amvalidate.h -> indexamvalidate.h.
> - genam.c -> indexgenam.c.
> - genam.h -> indexgenam.h.

I think this commit was too hasty.  There's too many people distracted
by holidays.

I suppose that this renaming is going to impact all third-party
extensions that use those headers.  If there are no complaints to this,
that means we can do some more invasive header refactoring, unimpeded by
such complaints either.
https://postgr.es/m/20130918222610.GB342709@tornado.leadboat.com