Re: pg_upgrade fails with non-standard ACL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pg_upgrade fails with non-standard ACL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 05:53:16PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Not arguing against the fact that it is useful, but I'd think that it
> is a two-step process, where we need to understand what logic needs to
> be in the backend or some frontend:
> 1) Warn properly about the objects involved, where the object
> description returned by pg_describe_object would be fine enough to
> understand what's broken in a given database.
> 2) Generate a script which may be used by the end-user.

So, we have here a patch with no updates from the authors for the last
two months.  Anastasia, Arthur, are you still interested in this
problem?  Gregory has provided a review lately and has pointed out
some issues.
--
Michael

Attachment