Re: Authentication: MD5 to SCRAM-SHA-256 error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Authentication: MD5 to SCRAM-SHA-256 error
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 03:17:17PM -0500, Dave Hughes wrote:
> Thanks for replying guys!  You both led me down the right path.  I didn't
> realize it, but looks like we had 2 directories where psql was installed.
> Once I gave the path specifically to PostgreSQL10, it worked like a charm.
>
> I'm reaching out to our server admins now to see why there are 2
> instances.

Maybe remnants of past version packages for an upgrade where
pg_upgrade has been involved?  You need both the old and new binaries
when doing that, and most distributions allow different major versions
of Postgres to be installed in parallel.
--
Michael

Attachment