Prague PostgreSQL Developer Day 2020 / dates, call for papers &sponsors, etc. - Mailing list pgsql-announce

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Prague PostgreSQL Developer Day 2020 / dates, call for papers &sponsors, etc.
Date
List pgsql-announce
Prague PostgreSQL Developer Day 2020 (P2D2 2020) will be held on February
5-6 in Prague, Czech Republic. The conference focuses on topics for
PostgreSQL users and developers. For more information about the even, please
see the website at https://www.p2d2.cz/

We are now accepting proposals for talks and trainings in both Czech and
English. To submit a talk, use this form:

     https://p2d2.cz/call-for-papers

The talk sessions are generally 45 minutes long (but may be shorter if
requested) and may be on any PostgreSQL-related topic. Suggested topic areas
include:

* Developing applications for PostgreSQL
* Administering large scale PostgreSQL installations
* Case studies and/or success stories of PostgreSQL deployments
* PostgreSQL tools and utilities
* PostgreSQL hacking
* Community & user groups
* Tuning the server
* Migrating from other systems
* Scaling/replication
* Benchmarking & hardware
* PostgreSQL related products

Of course, these topics are merely hints - we're happy to receive talk and
training proposals of course.

We're also looking for trainings (either half-day or whole-day) for the first
day (February 5). Use the same form as for regular talks.

Finally, we expect to include a session of five minute lightning talks.
A separate call for proposals will be made for them during the event.

The submission deadline is December 6 (which is Friday). Selected
speakers will be notified before December 13, 2019.

The proposals will be considered by committee who will produce a
schedule to be published about a month before the conference.

All selected speakers will get free entry to the conference (excluding
training sessions). We do offer covering travel and accommodations for
foreign speakers (generally enough for two nights in a hotel and travel
within Europe). If you require assistance with funding to be able to
attend, please make a note of this in the submission notes field.

We have also opened our Call for Sponsors. We offer three sponsorship
levels (see https://p2d2.cz/rocnik-2019/sponsorship). If you are interested,
please see the details at

     https://p2d2.cz/call-for-sponsors

We look forward to hearing from you, and seeing you in Prague!

--
Tomas Vondra, Czech and Slovak PostgreSQL User Group