Re: v12 and pg_restore -f- - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: v12 and pg_restore -f-
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2019-Nov-04, Tom Lane wrote:

> > Turns out that this is a simple partial cherry-pick of the original
> > commit.
>
> In the back branches, you should keep the statement that stdout
> is the default output file.  Looks sane otherwise (I didn't test it).

I propose this:

       <para>
        Specify output file for generated script, or for the listing
        for the standard output, which is also the default.
       </para>

Less invasive formulations sound repetitive (such as "Use - for stdout.
The default is stdout").  I'm open to suggestions.