Re: links to 12 release notes broken after branching - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: links to 12 release notes broken after branching
Date
List pgsql-www
Hi,

On 2019-09-17 13:50:40 -0400, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> On 9/17/19 1:04 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> writes:
> >> Yes, but before the release being done we can't hand that out?
>
> You can always hand them out knowing that it is subject to change.
> Personally I view devel as "anything can change at a given moment".

It still baffles me that that's supposed to be a reasonable approach. I
mean, for quite a few weeks that's the only link available. And we want
people to be able to look at the notes at that time. And expecting URLs
to stay halfway stable isn't a novel or absurd thing in any sort of way.

I think the whole project of pruning the release notes was done hastily
and carelessly. At a much larger scope than necessarily apparent from
the mailing list discussions.

Greetings,

Andres Freund