Re: Count me in - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Count me in
Date
Re: Count me in  (Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org>)
Re: Count me in  (Valeria Kaplan <vk@dataegret.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Greetings Valeria,

* Valeria Kaplan (vk@dataegret.com) wrote:
> I gave a talk at pgconf.eu about marketing and proposed an idea of having a
> centralised working group that will be initiating and implementing advocacy
> and marketing activities that will develop and strengthen Postgres brand.

This sounds very much like what this list is actually intended to be,
with a set of smaller groups who manage particular activities (Press
Releases, Twitter, Updates to postgresql.org, etc).

What would be different with this "working group"..?

> At the moment, Jonathan does a lot that has to do with press releases (and
> more..) and there is a small group of people who maintain community Twitter
> account where there is a lack of consistency there and need for more
> people.

I agree that it'd be great to add more people to the twitter team, we
had some good steam there at the start but the folks currently on that
team (which includes myself) have gotten over the excitment of it, I'm
afraid, and aren't being as active (though there's been some recent
efforts to try and improve on that).  What is the lack of consistency
though?  I can believe that to exist, though I suspect it's largely due
to the people being busy and not as active with the account than
anything intentional.

> So there is a need to be a bit more structured about it and
> actually implement, perhaps even small changes that will help with Postgres
> and overall community accessibility, transparency etc.

I'm certainly in support of making changes that will make the community
more accessible, transparent, etc, though it's unclear what's
specifically being suggested here.

> A mix of technical and marketing people would be great, so let me know
> who's in.

I'd be happy to be involved (and I would think we'd probably want to at
least ask the individuals who are involved in the existing teams who
support the existing efforts in this area if they wish to be...), though
unfortunately I wasn't able to be in Milan and can't join in person (and
the meeting might have already happened now anyway?).

Thanks,

Stephen

Attachment