Re: will postgresql-12-postgis-2.5 become available in the postgresrepository? - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: will postgresql-12-postgis-2.5 become available in the postgresrepository?
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: Arya F 2019-10-10 <CAFoK1awLDzbbsS7o+hLcbmjiS7xPFML3oC9JPPDcN2SeYsxyfA@mail.gmail.com>
> I installed Postgresql 11 using the Postgresql apt repository listed below
>
> deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ buster-pgdg main
>
> and I was also able to install postgresql-11-postgis-2.5
>
> I have now installed Postgresql 12, but no package named
> postgresql-12-postgis-2.5 exists yet. Will this package soon become
> available in the postgres apt repository?

Hi,

at the moment we have the problem that postgis 3.0beta builds are
already in the repository, so we unfortunately blocked our way to do
any more 2.5 builds.

3.0.0 is due very soon, so I can't say if we'll be able to provide 2.5
builds. Likely, the outcome will be that you should go for
postgresql-12-postgis-3 once it's out.

Christoph