Re: Disable 'ident' as default auth method - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: Disable 'ident' as default auth method
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
Re: Craig Ringer 2019-10-09 <CAMsr+YE+K65nHdP-i82F=vKHZvLU+woT-WUkA0arPZwv=K+YEw@mail.gmail.com>
> but if we can't do as Debian does and prompt for an initial pw (where
> interactive), at least it's consistent with how Pg is installed elsewhere.

Fwiw, the Debian packages do not ask for an initial password but leave
it to the user to an initial `sudo -u postgres psql`.

The defaults in pg_createcluster are --auth-local peer --auth-host md5.

(Some day I'll finally have a look at scram-sha-256.)

Christoph