Re: Out of Memory errors are frustrating as heck! - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: Out of Memory errors are frustrating as heck!
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 09:17:38AM -0400, Gunther wrote:
>Hi all, I am connecting to a discussion back from April this year. My
>data has grown and now I am running into new out of memory situations.
>Meanwhile the world turned from 11.2 to 11.5 which I just installed
>only to find the same out of memory error.

As Tom already said, this seems like a quite independent issue. Next
time it'd be better to share it in a new thread, not to mix it up with
the old discussion.

>Have any of the things discussed and proposed, especially this last
>one by Tomas Vondra, been applied to the 11 releases? Should I try
>these older patches from April?

Unfortunately, no. We're still discussing what would be the right fix
(it's rather tricky and the patches I shared were way too experimental
for that). But I'm pretty sure whatever we end up doing it's going to be
way too invasive for backpatch. I.e. the older branches will likely have
this issue until EOL.

regards