Re: PostgreSQL12 and older versions of OpenSSL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: PostgreSQL12 and older versions of OpenSSL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 02:03:12AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> What I'm concerned about at the moment is Peter's comment upthread
> that what we seem to be dealing with here is a broken vendor patch,
> not any officially-released OpenSSL version at all.  Is it our job
> to work around that situation, rather than pushing the vendor to
> fix their patch?

Yes, rather broken.  SUSE got the header visibly right, at least the
version string is not.  The best solution in our favor would be that
they actually fix their stuff :)

And OpenSSL is also to blame by not handling those flags consistently
in a stable branch..
--
Michael

Attachment