Re: BUG #16014: how to modify column ev_action of pg_rewrite - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: BUG #16014: how to modify column ev_action of pg_rewrite
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 01:43:46AM +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
> we merge the patch "merge into" into my project, but you can see , CMD_MERGE
> is not added in the end.
> It leads to restore old version postgres data to new version postgres。
> because CMD_UTILITY value has been  changed from 5 to 6, CMD_NOTHING has
> been changed from 6 to 7.
>
> so we want to modify pg_rewrite column :ev_action to resolve this problem.
> Thanks very very much.

MERGE has been developped during the development of Postgres 11, and
then reverted, hence zero versions of PostgreSQL released include it.
I am afraid you are on your own for this custom patch, which requires
you to patch postgres anyway in your case, no?
--
Michael

Attachment