Referncing a calculated column in a select? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From stan
Subject Referncing a calculated column in a select?
Date
List pgsql-general
I am creating some views, that have columns with fairly complex calculations
in them. The I want to do further calculations using the result of this
calculation. Right now, I am just duplicating the first calculation in the
select fro the 2nd calculated column. There must be a batter way to do
this, right?

neither liberty nor safety."
                        -- Benjamin Franklin