Re: Add "password_protocol" connection parameter to libpq - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Add "password_protocol" connection parameter to libpq
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 07:05:08PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> In this context, I would prefer #2, but I would expand that to cover all
> authentication methods, not only password methods.

I tend to prefer #2 as well and that's the kind of approach we were
tending to agree on when we discussed this issue during the v11 beta
for the downgrade issues with libpq.  And as you say extend it so as
we can apply filtering of more AUTH_REQ requests, inclusing GSS and
krb5.
--
Michael

Attachment