Re: Fix typos and inconsistencies for HEAD (take 7) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Fix typos and inconsistencies for HEAD (take 7)
Date
Re: Fix typos and inconsistencies for HEAD (take 7)  (Alexander Lakhin <exclusion@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jul 21, 2019 at 08:28:53AM +0300, Alexander Lakhin wrote:
> Please consider fixing the next pack of typos and inconsistencies in the
> tree:

Thanks, all those things look fine.  I have noticed one mistake.

> 7.44. json_plperl -> jsonb_plperlu

The path was incorrect here.

> Also, I found e-mail headers in optimizer/plan/README not relevant, so I
> propose to remove them.

Not sure about that part.

> And another finding is related to the sleep effective resolution. `man 7
> time` says "Since kernel 2.6.13, the HZ value is a kernel configuration
> parameter  and  can  be 100, 250 (the default) ...", so the 10
> milliseconds is not the most common effective resolution nowadays.
> I propose the corresponding patch for pgsleep.c, but we have a similar
> statement in doc/.../config.sgml. I think It should be fixed too.

Fixing both places sounds adapted to me.  An alternative we could use
here is just to say something like that:
The effective resolution is only 1/HZ, which can be configured with
kernel parameter (see man 7 time), and is 4 milliseconds by
default.
--
Michael

Attachment